Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Distant Soundings -- WWLTV.com



We’re not only afraid of the rising Water
but now the Looters

I asked them where they were goin
They didn’t know
They didn’t know
They have no place to go

They were on roof tops for days
It’s gonna be a long time a very long time

They don’t know

It’s something you can’t imagine
It’s close to home
It’s Home

You feel bad for them
This is us
Did you think this would happen to you?

I don’t want to get caught in no water
Just keep walkin
Just keep walkin

I don’t know what to say
If I’d know’d it’d be this bad
I’d a just kept on goin

They don’t know where they’re goin
They know they don’t have the means to get there

Everything’s devastation –
It’s been a nightmare
holy holy hell
I thought they’d have more boats

Lost in your own City
nails 2 by 4s splinters stacks of
bloated bodies block the bridge

The Wauter
Patois: creole
cajun

we thought we was gonna die
we thought everybody was
gonna die

-- Jeff Wietor

Archives

My Blog List

About Me

My photo
Relations and properties are objects too.